Business development officers are responsible for developing and generating new business opportunities by conducting research, formulating policies and managing programs to stimulate industrial and commercial business investments or to promote commercial or industrial products and services. Business development officers may work with government, industry or individual companies to research and promote the aerospace & defence industry locally, nationally and internationally.
Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
What you do
A Business Development Officer performs some or all of the following duties:
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas;
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends; and
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital.
What you need
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be resourceful
- Ability to co-operate with others in a team setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English/French)
- A keen interest in conducting research and formulating policies
- Advanced computer and technical skills for data manipulation and statistical analysis